Collegiate Day of Prayer: 30-Day Church Prayer Guide
DAY 16 OF 30
DAY 16: Speaking Life Into the Valley of Dry Bones
By BridgeBuilders International Leadership Network
“Son of man, can these bones live?” I replied, “Lord GOD, only You know.” Ezekiel 37:3 (HCSB)
As we survey the spiritual landscape of college campuses across our nation, we begin to see a similar vision that Ezekiel the prophet saw in his day: a valley full of dry bones.
- Among students who begin their college life as Christians, 75% are falling away from their faith.
- On most university campuses across the nation, the percentage of Christians is less than 5% of the student population.
- The consequences of this reality are widespread and felt in many churches across America, as the 18 to 30 age group is almost completely missing from the Church today.
Behind each statistic is a real person whose life has been dramatically altered, whose destiny has fallen in the valley of death, and whose soul could be forever lost – because of the spiritual reality on college campuses. They are not just a number – they are someone’s brother, sister, friend, son, or daughter – and the heavenly Father notices they are missing. He longs for them to return home; His heart is broken daily over them.
How many have fallen from the simplicity of faith and trust in God during their college years? How many have turned away to other pursuits, ambitions, and worldly pleasures? How many have been led astray by the deceitfulness and futility of man’s reasoning? How many have fallen away from their First Love, and feel too ashamed to come back?
“Son of man, can these bones live?” What is your response, when you look over this valley? When looking at your friend, your brother or sister, your son or daughter who has fallen away? Many in the Church have given up hope, believing this young generation is too far-gone or too hard to reach. What was the hope that God gave Ezekiel in this valley?
“Prophesy concerning these bones and say to them: Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! ...I will put tendons on you, make flesh grow on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you so that you come to life. Then you will know that I am Yahweh.”
So I prophesied as I had been commanded...and they came to life and stood on their feet, a vast army.” Ezekiel 37:4-10 (HCSB)
- “Though others may see a valley of dry bones, we believe an army will arise from this young generation. Father, we call forth Your resurrection power over our colleges and universities! We declare nothing is too hard for You, for You are the God of the impossible, who even brings life back from the dead.” (Heb. 11:19,35)
- “We declare over every fallen destiny on our campuses, that they will be raised back to life. We command the bones to reassemble, flesh to be placed on fallen destinies, and the breath of Life to enter into these slain, that they may live!”
- “We pray for prodigals who have turned away or who are running from their callings –we believe You are able to draw each one back, raising them from death to life!”
- Take a moment to DECLARE the names of those who have fallen away from their faith in God, and call them to be raised back to life spiritually.
About this Plan
200 years ago in 1823, nearly every major denomination and university across America united in prayer for our nation’s college students. Campuses were being radically transformed by powerful seasons of spiritual awakenin...
We would like to thank Collegiate Day of Prayer for providing this plan. For more information, please visit: https://www.collegiatedayofprayer.org
My Source & Resource
The Work Beneath Your Work
Jesus in All of Psalms: Book 2 - a Video Devotional
7 Days to Dethrone Social Media in Your Children’s Lives
The Courage of Rahab
Our Eternal God
It Will Be for Something
Step by Step: Walk With Jesus on Holy Week
Elevate: Raising the Bar for Conversations About Media Literacy