The Allure of Love
- Genesis 1:26 (NASB)
- Genesis 1:27 (NASB)
- Genesis 1:28 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:18 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:19 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:20 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:21 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:22 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:23 (NASB)
- Genesis 2:24 (NASB)
A. God implies in saying "Let us make…" that the triune God has always been in relationship and community.
1. The harmony of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit is the greatest illustration of relationship.
2. Also, implicitly, relationships are essential to mankind's existence as we're fashioned in the image of a relational God.
B. There's something about the way that God created us that makes us need relationship.
1. The lack of relationship with other people is actually a problem as it takes away from the purpose that God has for you.
A. No other sort of creation is created in the likeness/ image of God.
1. Thus, man must realize the dignity that such a loving act gives mankind.
2. Most importantly, the way that mankind views itself must change accordingly.
a. The human body image has been tainted and MUST be renewed with the realization of the dignity that we have.
b. Body image has been tainted in women to a negative degree of over 60% in high school girls and over 80% in college girls.
3. People also would not treat others as commodities or objects of sexual pleasure if they realized the dignity associated with being made in the image of God.
III. Kingdom Building
A. If we would walk in accordance to our purpose, we would diligently work to build up the kingdom of God.
1. Applicably, once one realizes this, (s)he will only date an individual interested in working to build God's kingdom.
Criado há aproximadamente 2 anos atrás