- Genesis 3:10 (NIV)
- Exodus 4:10 (NIV)
- Exodus 4:11 (NIV)
- Exodus 4:12 (NIV)
- 2 Kings 3:16 (NIV)
- 2 Kings 3:17 (NIV)
- Psalm 22:22 (NIV)
- Psalm 33:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 33:2 (NIV)
- Psalm 47:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 50:23 (NIV)
- Psalm 56:3 (NIV)
- Psalm 56:4 (NIV)
- Psalm 103:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 113:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 113:2 (NIV)
- Psalm 113:3 (NIV)
- Psalm 145:4 (NIV)
- Isaiah 46:10 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:16 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:17 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:18 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:24 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:25 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:26 (NIV)
- Daniel 3:27 (NIV)
- Luke 14:16 (NIV)
- Luke 14:17 (NIV)
- Luke 14:18 (NIV)
- Luke 14:19 (NIV)
- Luke 14:20 (NIV)
- Luke 14:21 (NIV)
- Luke 14:22 (NIV)
- Luke 14:23 (NIV)
- Luke 14:24 (NIV)
- Luke 18:9 (NIV)
- Luke 18:10 (NIV)
- Luke 18:11 (NIV)
- Luke 21:26 (NIV)
- Romans 8:15 (NIV)
- 2 Corinthians 10:12 (NIV)
- Ephesians 2:4 (NIV)
- Ephesians 2:5 (NIV)
- Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
- Philippians 4:11 (NIV)
- Philippians 4:12 (NIV)
- Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:7 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:8 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:9 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:10 (NIV)
1. Quit Making Excuses
- Excuses often hide our lack of commitment & passion for something.
+ Try to use them as triggers to evaluate your values or goals.
+ The "what" is easy, it's the "why" that's tough!
+ The "why" is what will provide total commitment and motivation.
-Excuses hide a fear of failure.
+ God's response is always the same - He has chosen us, He will help us!
+ God takes the focus off of us and places it on Himself. Through our weakness, we see His strength!
+ Our faith and relationship with God is a partnership. He just needs us to "GO"!
+ God can't do what we can't do unless we do what we can!
+ I'd rather do something and make a mistake than do nothing and "succeed" at it! Get moving!
+ If we "dig a ditch" - God will "make it rain"!
2. Quit Living Without Passion...For The Lord
- There are 5 Love languages - know/use the one(s) that fill your family and friends up.
+ God has a love language too!
- Hebrew has 7 definitions of praise, they are God's love language. We must strive to worship God they way he wants us to.
+ Halel: to rave, boost, celebrate, clamorously foolish.
+ Yadah: to acknowledge in public with extended hands.
+ Barak: to bless by kneeling or bowing.
+ Zamar: praise with stringed instruments.
+ Shabach: to shout
+ Towdah: to lift hands in adoration for things you haven't received.
+ Tehilah: exuberant singing
3. Quit Living In Fear
- It opens the door for Satan, the author of fear, to get in.
+ Adam and Eve first experienced fear as a result of their sin. Failure, loss, shame, rejection, fear of the unknown etc all drove them to hide from God.
- Fear is placing our faith into the "what ifs" instead of trusting God.
+ Don't allow Satan to fill in those blanks.
+ God will fill them in with strength and victory.
- Jesus said that as his return grows closer, more people will be gripped by fear.
- Our lives our hidden with Christ in God.
+ God is the Lord of our lives and He never loses.
+ God never said this life would be easy, in fact he said there would be trouble.
- Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's putting our trust in God who will cart us through.
4. Quit Comparing!
- Comparison make us prideful and arrogant.
+ In our own estimation we will always find those who we think are better or worse off then us.
+ We are searching for personal value or meaning.
+ We incorrectly place value on our actions or thoughts.
+ Those who humble themselves will be exalted by God.
- Comparison creates discontentment.
+ Realize that there is a major difference between dissatisfaction and discontentment.
+ Having more/less doesn't make me more/less!
+ We can be dissatisfied but content at the same time.
- We must be content knowing that our value is linked to God alone!
+ God's love for us never changes. He has declared our eternal value through Jesus.
- Pursue God's purpose in your life and He will provide everything we need to be content in life.
- Be content in God while striving to be the best men and women we can be!
- Don't be fooled by the enemies' attempt to put cheap price tags on us!
Opprettet for 4 måneder siden