- Joshua 24:15 (KJV)
- 1 Samuel 3:13 (KJV)
- Proverbs 13:24 (KJV)
- Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
- Mark 3:20 (KJV)
- Mark 3:21 (KJV)
- Mark 3:31 (KJV)
- Mark 3:32 (KJV)
- Mark 3:33 (KJV)
- Mark 3:34 (KJV)
- Mark 3:35 (KJV)
- John 1:17 (KJV)
- Romans 5:4 (KJV)
- Romans 5:5 (KJV)
- Romans 12:10 (KJV)
- Romans 15:7 (KJV)
- Ephesians 4:25 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:12 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:13 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:14 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:18 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:19 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:20 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:21 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:22 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:23 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:24 (KJV)
- Colossians 3:25 (KJV)
How to deal with your real family!
Four Things That Create Conflict Within a Family:
1. Different Values
2. Unrealistic Expectations
4. Bitterness & Unforgiveness
How do we ensure God gets his way?
1. Exercise patience
- Times of trouble help us build patience. It needs to be exercised.
- Patience allows us to see what God's plan is.
2. Distinguish between a person and their behavior. Separate the person from their actions.
- Don't confuse accepting someone with approving of what they do. Unconditional love!
3. Know what to say and when to say it.
4. Our ultimate identity is not found in our earthly family. It is found with our heavenly family.
- God knew that we would have heartbreak within our families so he designed us to be fulfilled by our holy family.
Leaving a Legacy!
1. Discipline them: God disciplines those who he loves!
- God doesn't get upset when our children are unruly, he gets upset when we don't correct that behavior.
- A refusal to correct is a refusal to love. Love your children by disciplining them.
- Disciplining is always more of an inconvenience for us than for our children. - Letting things slide bc it's "easier" is selfish.
- Don't be your child's buddy!
- Someone's will must win.
- Start early, it makes it easier later.
- To be successful, every person must learn how to deal with authority. This ability is true in life and absolutely necessary to follow God.
- Attitude is everything, discipline as much for attitude as for action.
2. Reward them: what gets rewarded gets repeated.
- Reward honesty, action, and attitude!
- When you make a mistake, apologize!
3. Release them: let them have their freedom.
- They will come back and ask for advice when they know they are free from our control.
- Trust that you have prepared them well and that God will protect them.
Healthy Families - perfect isn't possible:
+ The Bible has many examples of this, real and obtainable health.
1. Shares a mutual commitment to one another.
- We must honor each other above ourselves.
- Our commitment to Christ resets our belief that happiness is based upon our individual feelings.
- We must remain faithful to the larger picture.
2. Serves a higher purpose.
- Write a mission statement for your family.
- We need a vision for our marriage and family.
3. Enjoy honest conversation.
- Free of judgment and and consequence.
4. Trust and are trustworthy.
- Mutual support
5. Share in a spiritual commitment.
- It's real so deal with it.
6. Enjoy a climate, or environment of freedom and grace.
- Give your family room to be weird.
- Take a step back and let God work through the Holy Spirit.
- We can't change anyone but we can love them and open the door for goodness to enter.
7. Make course corrections.
- Admit mistakes and make changes.
- Our path through life will rarely be a straight path, we must be ready, willing, and able to zig zag.
Opprettet for 6 måneder siden