"iForgive: a Lesson in Forgiveness for an iPod/iPad Generation"
Pastor Scott Kierstead
1 John 1:9
Forgiveness brings me(I) Peace
- it is an individual thing
- forgiveness is our way of making peace with God
- Jesus died to give us peace with God
Forgiveness Requires Work on Our (my or i part).
- Romans 6:23 sin leads to death but Gods gift is Eternal life
2 Corinthians 5:21
- God has every right to retaliate for sin, but instead sent Jesus. That's a big deal
Forgiveness is a choice that we (i) make
1 Corinthians 2:7-8
- sin is also a choice we make
- we also make choices to not sin
: Flee temptations
: Embrace forgiveness
Forgiveness is a gift of salvation for me (i)
- he is willing to forgive is we simply confess and follow Jesus (1jn1:9)
- Psalm 86:5 - before you can really forgive anyone you must first be forgiven by God.
Too often we hold on to our sins and think "nobody is getting hurt by my little sin"
The truth is that God does not promise us another day, but he does promise forgiveness.
ongeveer 3 jaar geleden aangemaakt