"Hands That Speak"
Scott Kierstead 5-1-11 - John 20:19-22
The hands of Jesus:
1. We're the hands of a laboring man. (Mark 6:3)
- the were the man who worked hard, yet he was the son of God
2. They were the hands of a servant. (20:28)
- He even washed the feet of his disciples. Filthy feet. He lived the life of a servant, even unto death. (on the cross)
3. They were tender hands. (Mark 10:16)
-Those same hands that hugged children and will hold us again one day were stretched out on the cross.
4. They were healing hands.
5. They were supporting hands (Matthew 14:31)
- when Peter was walking on water and started to fall Jesus was waiting on him. When Peter took his eyes off of Jesus he started sinking and Jesus was there to lift him up. When we take our eyes off of Jesus we sink. Jesus is out there to support us.
6. They were wounded hands (John 20:24-29)
- the cross. "look and see my hands." - Jesus
- He is no longer on that cross!
7. They are speaking hands.
- they are a message of sacrifice for us. As he reached out to save Peter he will stretch out now to any who will come to Him.
bijna 3 jaar geleden aangemaakt