In the Bible the meaning of redemption was to buy something back so that the rightful possessor would again be in possession of his property.
• Based upon the rights of redemption, the rightful possessor of a property had the right to his property,; in other words the buyer had to sell the property back to the rightful owner
1) Why do we need redemption?
- All human beings need redemption because all are slaves to the power of sin.
- What if the slavery (addiction) is so strong that it becomes a matter of the heart?
2) How do we get our redemption?
- The ONLY possible way to receive our redemption is through the holy, blameless blood of Jesus Christ.
• What seems to be so controversial about the matter of Jesus' blood is that we naturally think we are good people.
- However, the wrath of God is upon the heads of sinners as they have punishment [for sin] awaiting them. Therefore, the blood of Christ has to cover that sinner in order to purchase them from their slavery, freeing them from the wrath of God.
3) What do we do with our redemption?
- We ARE NOT redeemed by the blood of Christ to go and be free agents.
- Obviously, when one purchased another from slavery, it was to serve the one who bought them last. In the same way, we are repurchased from Satan by Christ ONLY to serve Christ, our new master. We are bondservants to righteousness and Christ's ways.
• Based upon the tone of this sentence in English, one may be angered by the idea of being a slave to Christ. However, knowledge of the original Greek language will educate one to he knowledge that the new slavery to Christ isn't focused on the work and toil of the relationship but rather the love shown by the master.
3년 이하 전에 생성되었습니다.