- Mark 8:22 (ESV)
- Mark 8:23 (ESV)
- Mark 8:24 (ESV)
- Mark 8:25 (ESV)
- Mark 8:26 (ESV)
- Mark 8:27 (ESV)
- Mark 8:28 (ESV)
- Mark 8:29 (ESV)
- Mark 8:30 (ESV)
This is the only 2-stage miracle recorded in the Bible. Why was this since Jesus is all-powerful? The people saw Jesus in an incomplete way, just as the man at first couldn't see clearly.
Caesarea Philippi was a Gentile area (v 27). It was on the way that Jesus asked His disciples who the people say He was. The popular answers were...
- John the Baptist
- One of the prophets (perhaps Jeremiah or maybe the 'Great Prophet' foretold by Moses)
These were all flattering answers and there were certainly some similarities. Many other religions try to address Christ in some manner but always belittle and lie about who Christ really is.
- Jehovah's Witness: They believe that Jesus was former archangel Michael.
- Mormons: Only 17% agree Mormons are NOT Christians.
- Islam: Muhammad was their highly respected prophet from Allah. Islam claims that Jesus was a real prophet but that he was not the Son of God nor did he die on the cross.
- Hinduism: Buddha was a great teacher and a son of God, the same as many others. These "sons of God" never died for the atonement of man.
- 'Christian' Scientists: ???
This is the most important question and if you miss it it's an automatic fail. In Mark 8:29, 'Who do yousay that I am?'
The only correct answer: Jesus is the Christ
1 John 5:12
Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
12달 전에 생성되었습니다.