Complacency and Compromise
- Nehemiah 13:1 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:2 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:3 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:4 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:5 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:6 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:7 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:8 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:9 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:10 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:11 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:12 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:13 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:14 (ESV)
- Nehemiah 13:28 (ESV)
- Malachi 1:2 (ESV)
- Malachi 1:10 (ESV)
Pastor John Lindell
• Don't get away from the passion for God
• A great past doesn't guarantee a great future
1. They broke the promise to commit to Gods Word
• When a church puts people who are not called to be a leader of the church, it hurts the church.
• Compacency leads to compromise
1. Passion for God diminishes into passivity. Instead of saying you love God with all of you, it's not in your heart but rather just in your words. If you find yourself being passive you are on your way to compromise. Paul says don't ever get to a place where you are lacking in zeal.
2. Feelings of people become more important than faithfulness to God. Don't be so worried about what others think, but stand up for the truth.
3. Tolerance overtakes Truth. The world wants everybody to be equal and accepted but you have to be willing to stand up for what you believe. We have to reach out for others who don't know Christ to introduce them to Christ.
• God would rather people be cold than be luke-warm. If they are cold they can be saved, but being lukewarm they have just enough religion to not experience the blessing of God and they don't see a reason to change.
• The more passive you become, the more you open the door for your children to fall from God.
• It's okay to be angry at sin. He cares about people and because of that he does something about it.
2. The broke the promise to financially support Gods house.
• the tithe belongs to The Lord. It's not ours, it's the Lords
• you cannot out give God
•be faithful to God and he will bless you.
Créé il y a plus de 1 an