Charles Stanley- The Advantages Of Goal setting
If you’ve ever been locked out of your house, you know how important keys are. For believers, goal setting is a key that opens the door to Christlike living and affects us in a number of ways. Let’s think about five changes we can look for.
1. Excitement is renewed. When we are not clear on our direction, enthusiasm wanes. Excitement comes as we strive toward our goals and see the Lord at work transforming us.
2. Direction replaces drifting. Without goals, we lose sight of where we’re headed and instead begin to drift. Complacency replaces passion, and we start allowing justification to enter our thought process—such as, This is just who I am. Goals help us focus on who we are becoming.
3. Excellence replaces mediocrity. Without goals, we start living a humdrum “don’t bother me” way of life. Working with focus counters this mindset.
4. Our attitudes will improve. When we don’t like the choices we’re making, our tendency can be to criticize others. But when we are following God’s plan, we will feel better about ourselves and relate more positively to those around us.
5. Life will be rewarding. If we live for ourselves, we will be disappointed. Setting godly goals helps us wisely use the time, energy, resources, and talents that the Lord has given us. Life is a gift, and we are to be good stewards of it. That is difficult to do in the absence of goals.
It will be easier to identify distractions and evaluate opportunities if you compare them to established goals. Choices then become clearer, and you will be able to reap the benefits of goal setting: enthusiasm, direction, excellence, and reward.
Créé il y a 8 mois