You, Me, and Money by Jimmy Evans
- Genesis 24:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 24:1 (NIV)
- Psalm 35:27 (NIV)
- Psalm 51:8 (NIV)
- Proverbs 3:9 (NIV)
- Proverbs 3:10 (NIV)
- Proverbs 10:4 (NIV)
- Proverbs 10:22 (NIV)
- Proverbs 11:14 (NIV)
- Proverbs 12:1 (NIV)
- Proverbs 12:24 (NIV)
- Proverbs 28:22 (NIV)
- Proverbs 29:18 (NIV)
- Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)
- Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
- Isaiah 61:2 (NIV)
- Malachi 3:8 (NIV)
- Malachi 3:9 (NIV)
- Malachi 3:10 (NIV)
- Malachi 3:11 (NIV)
- Malachi 3:12 (NIV)
- Matthew 18:19 (NIV)
- Matthew 25:15 (NIV)
- Luke 6:38 (NIV)
- Luke 11:17 (NIV)
- Luke 16:10 (NIV)
- 2 Corinthians 9:6 (NIV)
- Galatians 3:13 (NIV)
- Philippians 4:6 (NIV)
- Philippians 4:7 (NIV)
- Colossians 3:15 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:7 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:8 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:9 (NIV)
- 1 Timothy 6:10 (NIV)
- Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)
- 3 John 1:2 (NIV)
Session 1 -
5 Laws of God's Financial Blessing
+ Prosperity is having more than enough. God wants you to live in prosperity and to have more than enough.
+ Blessing means God's supernatural assistance and protection. In order to be blessed, you must get that into your mind! Jesus came to restore that blessing on us.
+ Matthew 25 - Parable of the Talents
1. Law of Ownership. The earth is the Lord's! The whole world - everything in it and all who live here!
- Ever see a hearse pulling a Uhaul? The morality rate is 100%...
- God will bless us with abundance if we remember where our good fortune comes from.
2. Law of Dominion. The master- to one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
- God wants us to make our mistakes in a small room. It's better to learn the hard way with $1k than with $100k!
- Find your dominion like chicken is for Chick-fil-a.
- Be faithful even with what seems small.
- If you don't have the ability to faithfully take care of what you have, that too will be taken away.
3. Law of Use.
- Use what you have.
- The American Dream is to have enough to stop, but that is not God's plan.
- Retirement wasn't a concept until ~1885 in Germany.
- In 1965 when the U.S.set the age to 65 the average lifespan was 68!
- Most people take what God gives them and uses it against Him.
- God designed us to serve until we die, so don't stop ever! Let death be your retirement plan!
4. Law of sowing and reaping.
- To multiply what you have, you must first "give it away". Whatever (anything) you need is what you seek. Compassion, friendship, generosity, love, etc!
- Give and it will be given to you!
5. Law of Faith.
- God will not relate to you on the basis of mistrust!
- Without Faith it is impossible to please God.
- God is not a distant punisher, He IS a close provider who rewards faith.
- Every decision that is made under fear will cause that fear to materialize. Every decision made in faith will be rewarded!
Session 2 -
Reversing the Financial Curse
3 Steps to getting out of a financial hole:
+Be free of the spirit of poverty! God declares a year of jubilee every 50 years, He wants us to be free of debt!
1. Get rid of the shovel.
- Not giving to God. 90% with God's blessing is way more than 100% without!
- The only area God allows us to test Him with a bad attitude is in tithing.
- Get God on your side, God blesses those who give.
- Love of money.
- Money can provide the identity, security, value, and purpose that we need. But, it won't fulfill us, only the Lord can!
- Get rich quick. Take the time to allow God to provide.
- Diligence. Too often we are driven to the point of no rest. Work hard but take time off to spend with God and family.
- Discontent. Easy credit makes us think we need something we don't, we must be thankful for what we have.
2. Take the hands above the hole and let them pull you out.
- Get help and counsel from Godly people.
- Your future can be predicted by looking at those you surround yourself with!
- Wisdom must preceed wealth.
- Pray for direction and then for provision.
- Pray together!
3. Move to higher ground.
- Get away from the hole.
- If the Devil can't hinder you he'll get behind you and push you too fast!
- If your living beyond your means, downsize.
- Debt takes the happiness out of everything.
- Save money and keep a 3 month emergency fund.
- Payoff and stay away from debt.
- Live on less than you make always.
- The more you change, the more you will be blessed.
- Make wise financial investments. Your age determines the percentage of high risk holdings you should have.
(ie. 37% low/63% high)
Session 3 -
Building Financial Intimacy and Partnership
- Marriage license means: PNOK, sexually intimate, and financially joined.
- You cannot have intimacy without trust.
- Leadership and security are a woman's biggest needs.
- Woman are happier when they are domestically centered and the world is better off when they are.
- It's a vulnerable position however. Tell your daughter, "You can't trust a man, so get an education. Don't become dependent on a man." Tell your sons, "If a woman trusts you, stay faithful to and don't take advantage of her."
- Woman have had to fight for everything. Men must not take advantage or hold finances against them.
- A man 's needs are respect and honor.
- Women should be proud of and have faith in what their husband has been called to do and not the money he brings home.
- #1 in sex for a man is mutual satisfaction.
- 5 steps to financial intimacy:
1. Mutual Respect
+ In Christ there is no difference between men and women.
+ Know your money language and what it means to you. Driver, Amiable, Analytic, or Expressive.
+ Having different languages is best. (ie. One is a spender and fun, the other is a saver and secure)
2. Shared Control.
+ Dominance is not healthy. One person should not control everything and be unapproachable.
+ Manipulation and control will remove intimacy.
+ Be equal shareholders with the finances.
3. Equal Sacrifice, Teamwork, and Equity.
+ "They too shall become one"
+ Both people must have their needs met.
+ Blended families must work hard to ensure all children receive the same treatment and stuff.
4. United Faith.
+ Pray together and separately about every decision you make.
+ Let the peace of God umpire your decisions. The peace is God's concurrence.
+ Wait on God's timing.
+ Watch for provision.
+ Spiritual intimacy is the deepest form.
5. Common Vision and Values.
+ You cannot keep people together if they don't share a vision.
+ There is either PRO-vision or DI-vision.
+ Without vision there will be division.
+ Have regular vision retreats and identify your common visions.
+ A budget will answer the big issues and result in the smaller issues being resolved.
Luotu 6 kuukautta sitten