Sermon Discussion Questions:
Take some time to discuss the following questions with your family or friends. Don’t just hear God’s Word today but apply it to your life.
1. Look back at Colossians 3:1-14, how does Paul describe our God-given identity? How do these descriptions encourage you to live for God?
2. “Seek the things that are above,” What do you think this actually looks like in real practice? What are some obstacles in your life that keep you from seeking the things above?
3. What does it mean to “set your mind on things above?” What does that look like in everyday life?
4. What are some specific godly things you need to put on? (Col. 3:10-14) What are some steps you can take to put them into practice?
5. How does this passage challenge you to change the way you relate to people?
6. What does this passage prompt you to pray? Spend some time praying with those in your family or call a friend to pray with them over these things.