1. Do you think most people feel positively or negatively about the idea going to church? Explain your answer.
2. When you were growing up, did you go to a church that had a lot of rules? What were some of the spoken and unspoken rules you were expected to follow? Which rules were particularly difficult to follow?
3. What is wrong with churches focusing on rules and commands?
4. Read Galatians 5:1. What are some of the “yokes” people wear? How can we be freed from these yokes?
5. Read Galatians 4:4-7. In what ways have we been set free through Christ? What difference will it make if we realize we are really children and heirs of God?
6. Read Galatians 5:13-14. How might we apply these verses to our lives?
7. What could we do as a church to become more attractive to those who are far from God?
8. How might you apply tonight’s lesson to your life?