1. Do you think most people are good listeners? Explain your answer. Why do you think we don’t listen well many times?
2. Why do you think many people don’t or won’t listen when God’s Word is taught?
3. Read Matthew 13:3-9. What do you think Jesus meant by his statement, “Anyone who has ears should listen?”
4. Read Matthew 13:18-23. Can you think of some modern day examples of how people today represent the different types of soil Jesus described here? Can you think of examples in your own life in which you were one of the soils described here?
5. Why do you think it is important that God’s Word “produces fruit” in our lives? What might that fruit look like? What will happen if we don’t allow God’s Word to do its work in our lives?
6. How can we make sure that we are “good soil?”
7. How might you apply tonight’s lesson to your life?