1. Children and youth ministry are a significant part of the harvest. Two out of three come to Christ before the age of 18. 13% come to Christ between 18-21. 23% come to Christ after the age of 21.
2. How do children come to Christ? Parents 50%, Friends 20%, Pastor 7%, A special turning point 12%, Media 1%
3. How do adults come to Christ? Friends 19%, Mass Media 14%, Live event 14%, Relative 13%, Ministers 10%, Parents 8%
4. About 50% share their faith in some way but only 4% actually lead someone to faith in Christ.
5. What keeps us from leading someone to faith in Christ?
a. Fear is the number one reason!
b. Apathy is a very sad commentary on our lives.
c. Lack of knowledge hinders many.
d. Loss of contacts with those who need Jesus!