Last Supper, Arrest, and Jewish Trial
“[B]ehold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail.’”
(Luke 22:31b-32a, ESV)
The Passage –Luke 22 records the Last Supper, the arrest of Jesus on the Mount of Olives, and the Jewish trial before the High Priest.
1. The Final Passover (Luke 22:1-23)
· God delivers through the judgment of sin by the death of an innocent substitute – the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (John 1:29).
2. Final Instructions (Luke 22:24-46)
· Be prepared for difficult times.
3. Jesus’ Arrest and 1st Trial (Luke 22:47-71)
· While doing God’s will, Jesus was betrayed by Judas, defended then denied by Peter, and condemned by the religious authorities.