« Yahweh / Jehovah-Rapha Pt. 1 REVIEW »
• Jehovah is a combination of the vowels of Adonai and the consonants YHWH
• Several compound forms of Jehovah are found in the Old Testament
• Each compound word describes a blessing Jehovah's followers receive from Him
• Rapha (raw-faw) appears over 60 times in the O.T.
• Jehovah-Rapha is the one who heals, cures, and restores us in numerous ways.
Why is there sickness and suffering in the world?
» The Fall. Apart from the fall/sin there is no conceivable explanation, with it there is a complex one.
If God is so good, why doesn't He heal people?
» He has, He does, and He will!
1. God heals us physically.
• Sometimes miraculously
• Sometimes medicinally
• Sometimes preventatively
2. God heals us emotionally.
• Heart & mind trauma
• Self-inflicted trauma