• In Hebrew it is YHWH, a Tetragrammaton, the literal pronunciation is Yahweh
• Jehovah is a combination of the vowels of Adonai and the consonants YHWH
• Out of fear they would blaspheme His name Jews refuse to speak it (See Leviticus 24:16)
• It is the Jewish national name of God
• It comes from the root word "hayah" (haw-yaw), which means "to be" or "being"
• "Hayah" is akin to "chavah" which means "to live" or "life"
• It is most often translated LORD (all caps) in most English translations
• It is always a reference to the One true God and never to false gods