Worship Gathering - Neighborhood Watch #1
Primary text: Genesis 1:26; 2:7
We are starting a new sermon series called Neighborhood Watch. The term “neighborhood watch” often brings to mind a fear-based mentality: “We need to watch over our neighborhood because there are people out to get us.” But that is not the direction we are going with this. We are going to look at what the Bible says about neighbors and our responsibility to them. This Sunday we are going to start the conversation by looking at value... specifically human value. What does the Bible say about humanity’s value... over and against other parts of God’s creation? How does God see us? And what difference does that make in our conversation about neighbors? Join us Sunday at 10:30am.
Elements of the Worship Service:
2. Serve Team Report
3. Compassionate Ministries Luncheon (following service)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What does it mean for humankind to be made in the image and likeness of God?
3. Does each person have inherent dignity and value?
4. Who are we likely to avoid treating with dignity? How can we treat others better than we do?
5. What are ways we can help others realize their own intrinsic value?
6. How can your life be changed as a result being made in the image and likeness of God?
7. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?