Notice the powerful things God ‘normalizes’ in this age of New Testament Christianity:
1. His Spirit is poured out on ALL flesh!
2. Normal Christians will prophesy (speak forth divine utterance)
3. Normal Christians will see visions and dreams
This is why we teach and practice Spirit empowered Christianity – it normalizes what many religious people see as rare – healing, miracles, a supernatural prayer life, and the gifts of the Spirit.
"I’m not sure of the precise difference here between visions and dreams. Dreams can be at night or they can be something that constantly motivates you" (MLK).
A vision can be the same – a supernatural appearance, or a compelling life purpose.
Either way, these are ways God regularly speaks to us and guides us.
• The defining characteristic of both is it is something you SEE.
• However you feel God has spoken to you or revealed His will, ultimately,
• You must SEE it before you can DO it. (athletes, business, sales, ministry)
The Bible tells us we need vision in our life. Without it, we can live aimless lives.