Legacy... Living a Life of Lasting Influence
Pt. 1 - Fingerprints
Write the first name of 10 people you daily interact with:
Proverbs 13:22, A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…
1. Our legacy _________________ by a life transformed by Jesus Christ.
• Romans 12:1-2, “1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
• Philippians 1:6
• 2 Corinthians 5:17
• Ephesians 5:1-3
2. Our legacy is _________________ by daily ________________________.
• Our goal is not to ______________ people, but to make an ____________________ on people’s lives.
• 1 Corinthians 4:15-17, “15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you to imitate me. 17 For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you
of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.”
3. Our legacy lives ______________ us by our _________________________.
• John 15:12-14, My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.
• Romans 12:3,10, “3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
• Reputation is what you are supposed to be; Character is what you are.
• Reputation is what you have when you come to a new community; Character is what you have when you go away.
• Reputation is made in a moment; Character is built in a lifetime.
• Reputation grows like a mushroom; Character grows like an oak tree.
• Your reputation is learned in an hour; Your character doesn’t come to light for a year.
• A single newspaper report gives your reputation; a life of toil gives you your character.
• Reputation makes you rich or makes you poor; Character makes you happy or makes you miserable.
• Reputation is what men say about you on your tombstone; Character is what angels say about you before the throne of God.
• Your reputation is what men think you are. Your character is what God knows you to be.
Sunday, October 6, 2019
Pastor Bobby Stuart