"Prayer is simply cultivating a relationship with God."
THE PRIORITY OF PRAYER (11:1)
THE PATTERN IN PRAYER (11:2-4)
8 Keys to effective prayer:
1) Make it personal (2a)
2) Keep the piety (2b)
3) Gain the perspective (2c)
4) Offer the petition (3)
5) Seek the pardon (4a)
6) Plead for protection (4b)
7) Stand on the promise (Matt. 6:13)
8) Keep it plain & simple
THE PERSISTENCE THROUGH PRAYER (11:5-13)
2 Cor. 12:8-10
"God is not only ready to answer, He wants to give us what's best, flowing from His heart of love for us."
5 reasons we don't pray or stop praying like we should:
1) We grow faint...
2) We become too comfortable...
3) We've forgotten it's power, purpose, & privilege...
4) We're distracted by the urgent & unimportant things in this world...
5) We're simply afraid...
How are you changing toward the practice of prayer? How is prayer changing you?