Worship Gathering - Sacred Selfie #1
Primary text: Romans 12:3
In this new four-week series, we will focus on the importance of believers’ identity in Christ. Selfies are a popular way to take pictures these days. Why? Well it certainly has something to do with how we see ourselves... or at least how we want to see ourselves. But our identity should be formed by something else as well: Scripture. What does Scripture tell us about our identity? Join us as we dive into this interesting topic. See you Sunday at 10:30am.
Elements of the Service:
1. Grandparents Day Celebration
2. Compassionate Ministries Salad Lunch (after service)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What are some things that you might have placed your identity in?
3. Is it hard for you to separate your roles (doing) from who you are (being)?
4. When was the last time you went without social media or television? How do you think their images affect the way you view yourself?
5. What truth can you call on the next time you find yourself comparing yourself to someone else on social media? What person can you call?
6. What might God be asking us to do about this area of our lives?
7. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?