Worship Gathering - Serpents & Doves #2
Primary text: Matthew 10:16-25
In this new series, we will be addressing the question: How do we stand firm in our convictions but still be engaging with those outside the church? Jesus tells us that this requires us to be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. In this week, we will look at the fact that when we stand firm in our convictions, we should expect that we will often be met with hostility. So what do we do with this? See you Sunday at 10:30am.
Elements of the Service:
2. Guest Worship Leader: Kelsey Kimball
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Have you ever faced hostility when talking about your faith? How about when addressing sin in another Christians life? Have you ever been the hostile one?
3. Why does Jesus tell us to be like “serpents and doves”?
4. Why do you think the Christian message faces such hostility so often?
5. How can Jesus’s life encourage us when we’re facing hostility?
6. How can we encourage each other to follow God's ways in this area?