Ask the Lord to give you wisdom and guidance as you write. James 1:5-6
Follow a three point outline for ‘My life with Christ’
- Life before knowing Christ
- How you came to know Christ (be specific)
- Life after you received Christ (changes He’s made/what He means to you now)
Begin with an interesting, attention getting sentence and close with a good conclusion, Include relevant, thought-provoking facts and experiences.
Write in such a way that others will relate to you in your past and present experiences.
Give enough detail to keep other’s interest.
Use at least one or two Scripture verses.
Use Christian jargon. Words such as ‘saved’, ‘convicted’, ‘converted’, ‘born again’, do not necessarily communicate truth to the average non-Christian.
Do not be too wordy or emphasize how bad you used to be.
Basic goals for your testimony or Your Story…
- To make Jesus Christ known through the story of your life
- To explain how Biblical principles apply to everyday life
- To encourage others to apply Biblical principles
- To motivate others to grow in their walk with the Lord