1. Cherubim – Cherubim are mentioned in several places throughout Scripture:
- They guarded the entrance to the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:24).
- God is enthroned above them (Ezekiel 10:1–22).
- God is said to be riding rides on Cherubs in (Psalm 18:10)
- Two golden figures of cherubim sit above the Ark of the Covenant, where God promised to dwell among his people (Exodus 25:22, 18–21).
2. Seraphim – Mentioned only once in the Bible: They appear in
Isaiah 6:2–7, where they continually worship the Lord and say, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory”
3. “Living Creatures” – These are heavenly beings around God’s throne (Ezekiel 1:5–14, Revelation 4:6–8) and appear in numerous forms worshiping God.
4. Messengers – There are angelic messengers spoken of in Scripture: These are who we will focus on today: The Bible reveals only two angels names in the Bible: The archangel Michael and Gabriel who stands in the presence of the Lord.