SLAVE VS SON
· Slave obeys under compulsion, because they have to.
· Son obeys out of love for and joy in “Daddy.”
· Slave works under the threat of pain or loss; punishment “pays back."
· Son receives discipline not as retribution, but as loving instruction.
· Slave lives in insecurity: If I slip up my master might beat me.
· Son lives in security: If I slip up, my father will forgive me.
· Slave concentrates on external behavior and compliance with rules.
· Son concentrates on relationship and attitudes.
· Slave has to work but is given no honor.
· Son is honored and invited to join the work.