Supernatural... No Ordinary Life
Pt. 3 - Supernatural Prayer II
CLARITY OF SPEAKING IN TONGUES
7. The source of the words come from our ______________ not our mind.
· 1 Corinthians 14:14-15, 14 For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don’t understand what I am saying. 15 Well then, what shall I do? I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.
8. Speaking in tongues will _______________ and build us up.
· 1 Corinthians 14:4, 4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves.
· Edify means to __________________ or build up.
· When your spiritual batteries get low, you can re-charge yourself by praying in the Spirit.
· When you have a “dead” battery, you hook the cables up to a good battery and there is a transfer of __________________.
The same is true when we pray in other tongues.
· Why? You’re releasing the fountain of life – the Spirit of God.
· Jude 1:20-21 MSG, But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!
9. Speaking in tongues enhances our expression of ______________________.
· 1 Corinthians 14:15 NLT, So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.
· Ephesians 5:17-19 NLT
10. Praying in tongues is a part of our spiritual __________________ system.
· Ephesians 6:12 NIV, For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
· Ephesians 6:13-18 NLT
Prayer is listed as one of the tools we use to release the power of prayer, defeat Satan and walk in victory!
11. An interpreter is only required for ___________________ ministry not our __________________ prayer time.
· 1 Corinthians 12:28-31 NLT, 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.
· 1 Corinthians 14:1-3 NLT
One edifies the believer, the other edifies the __________________.
· 1 Corinthians 14:5 NLT, I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
Tongues + Interpretation = Prophecy
· 1 Corinthians 14:6-22 NLT
12. Tongues can be a sign to ___________________ to the unbeliever.
· Acts 2:5-12 NLT
· 1 Corinthians 14:23-28 NLT
We would never want our liberty to turn people away from God.
· 1 Corinthians 14:39-40 NLT, 39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
HOW TO BE BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT AND PRAY IN TONGUES:
1. You must be born again. Confess Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life.
2. Pray and ask God to baptize you with the Holy Spirit and power just like they were in the book of Acts.
• “Dear God, fill me with your Holy Spirit and power right now. I ask for the Spirit within me to come upon me so I can walk in your divine power and pray in the Spirit to commune with you.”
3. Set your mind on the things above. Imagine yourself sitting on your Heavenly Father’s lap.
4. Step out by faith & begin to pray in other tongues as you begin to worship God & share your love & gratitude to Him.
• Put sound to your vocal cords.
• Begin to move your lips and tongue
• Speak and release the sounds, words, and syllables you hear rising from your heart to Him.
Sunday, June 9, 2019
Pastor Bobby Stuart