1. Just curious, what are your thoughts on alcohol?
Why I don’t drink alcohol:
• I am too cheap.
• I think I have an addictive type personality and would have had a problem with it.
• I have seen it affect the destiny of others in negative way.
Diagnosed alcohol addiction:
• Adults (ages 18+): 15.1 million adults.
• Youth (ages 12–17): an estimated 623,000 adolescents ages 12–17.
• Alcohol weakens our willpower, effects judgment and opens a person to a potential lifetime of addiction.
• People are hurt or die because of it.
In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired auto accidents. Researchers estimate that nearly 2,000 college students die annually in accidents directly related to alcohol abuse, and over half a million students between the ages of 18-24. https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html
• My potential influence on my kids and others
It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. Romans 14:21
"Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over wine, who go to sample bowls of mixed wine. Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly! In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper. Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things. You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.“They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?" Proverbs 23:29-35.