Going Deeper is designed for use with your small group, a friend or on you own. Its aim is to create time for you to spend with God and his word. Do as much or as little as you like. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact one of our pastoral staff.
1. Pray for the needs of your Life Group, for our church and our leaders, for personal and corporate renewal, and to allow God’s word to transform us. Share a recent entry from your Life Journal with the group.
2. This Sunday, the message focus was on God’s continuing ministry of His kingdom through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. What thoughts or questions did the message raise for you? Which ones encouraged you or posed a challenge to you?
3. Read Luke 24:49; Acts 1:5, 8. Jesus has left His twelve disciples with instructions to wait for the Holy Spirit and they were to carry on the ministry empowered by the Spirit. If you were one of them, what would be your thoughts? How confident would you be to carry on in the ministry?
4. Read Acts 2:1-13. If you had been with them in that room what do you think your reaction would be at the Holy Spirit’s arrival? How would you feel – frightened, amazed, totally confused, or confident?
5. The Bible is full of stories detailing the work of God through ordinary people and of occasions when people were enabled to do things they ordinarily could not do. Have you witnessed evidence of such powerful things happening today? Have you experienced such power working in your own life through the Spirit?
7. Take a moment of silence to consider how God is speaking to you through these verses. What is He saying to you about your life here on earth and your life in Heaven? What concrete steps of response do you want to take? How can your group support you in these steps?