FOOTSTEPS TO THE CROSS
· The footsteps of Christ reflect a path that changed history and humanity.
· This timeline represents the last few weeks of Jesus life and ministry up to the time of His triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
Jesus begins His last journey to Jerusalem.
· Luke 17:11-19 - He leaves Galilee and head south to the northern border of Samaria and meets up with 10 lepers. - He heals the ten lepers but only one returns to give thanks, a Samaritan
· Luke 17:20-21 - Pharisees about the Kingdom of God – God’s Kingdom is already among you.
· Luke 17:22-37 - Talks to disciples about the end times – As lightning lights up the sky so will it be on the day the Son of Man returns. It will seem like any other day. Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.
· Luke 18:1-8 - Parable of the persistent widow –Will He find faith on the earth?
· Luke 18:9-14 - Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican in the temple –
· Luke 18:10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’