1. Share a story from your childhood or recent past when you were trusting and hoping for something but it didn't work out how you thought it would. How did you feel?
2. When it comes to our faith in God what do you believe are some wrong things that people are trusting in for their eternal life?
3. Read Matthew 7:21-29. What are the 2 Foundations representing that Jesus is talking about?
4. What do you think people are trusting in when they have a foundation of Sand? How about a foundation of Rock?
5. Looking at Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus seems to be expressing that a relationship with him is what we need for eternal life, not just playing the part. Is this a difficult concept for many people? Why or why not?
6. Read 2 Corinthians 13:5. What do you think we can do to test whether we are in the faith? If it is about "Knowing" Jesus and having a relationship with him, can we know Jesus but not desire to follow Him? What should we look for to make sure that we have a relationship with Jesus without focusing on just our behavior?
7. Read Ephesians 2:8-9. Spend some time as a group or individual and pray for each other. Be sure to remind each other that your relationship with God starts with Jesus and not your behavior or how good you are. However, we should spur one another on to love and good deeds as it talks about in Hebrews 10:24-25.