Original Sin does not mean that we have a strike against us, an F on the report card of our soul, merely to be washed away at infant baptism. Original sin—Adam’s—resulted in a fallen nature of all humanity. This requires not only forgiveness but rebirth.
Part 2: the nature of sin
1. Sin is complex; described as a darkness, wrongdoing, madness, trespass, debt, crossing a boundary, missing the mark, a beast waiting to pounce on us, an internal tyrant, ruling over us.
2. Sin is essentially the de-godding of God.
3. Sin is both alluring and deceiving.
4. Sin is tranquilizing and self-deceiving.
5. Sin produces hardness and defiance.
6. Sin is infectious and progressive.
7. Sin is polluting and wearying.
Total depravity does not mean that we’re as bad as we could possibly be, but that sin has infected and effected every part of our being; our mind, our will, our emotions, our conscience, our spirit.
Interesting Quotes from Famous People
Lecrae; I was created by God but I ain't wanna be like Him,
I wanna be Him; the Jack Sparrow of my Caribbean
“Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” Mark Twain
“The sinfulness of people, the depravity of humanity is the most controversial and most debated concept in all of philosophy, and the most empirically verifiable.” Malcolm Muggerige
“The true horrors of human history derive not from orcs and dark lords, but from ourselves.” George Martin
“Man is a wolf; who has the courage to dispute it in the face of all the evidence of his own life and in history?” Freud
Albert Einstein said- “It is easier to change the nature of plutonium, than it is to change the nature of the evil spirit of man.”
“The scariest monsters are the ones that live within our souls.” anon