1. What is your initial reaction to Jesus words that to be his disciple you need to hate
your family and even yourself?
2. What do you believe Jesus means by these words?
3. For Jesus first followers there was a very real chance that following Jesus meant to be
disowned by family or even to lose your life. What do you think are the potential
costs of following Jesus today?
4. Jesus encouraged the crowd to count the cost of discipleship. What does Iook like to
count the cost of following Jesus today?
5. What are you most afraid of losing for the sake of Jesus?
6. How can we commit to follow Jesus no matter what the cos