1. In this passage Jesus talks about false prophets and how to discern them. Why is it so important for Christians to be discerning when it comes to which prophets, teachers, pastors or leaders that they choose to listen to and follow?
2. Jesus taught that we should identify a false prophet by their fruit. What kind of fruit would you expect to be associated with a false prophet or Christian leader?
3. What kind of fruit would you expect to see/taste from a faithful Christian prophet/leader?
4. Why are those who come to Jesus claiming to have performed miracles in his name cast aside? What does this mean?
5. How can we be sure of our salvation in Jesus?
Are there any members of the group who have not made a commitment to relationship with Jesus? Invite them into an opportunity to do that today.