Pt. 4 – Family Baggage
Our baggage is nothing that can’t be unpacked and sorted thru with the help of the Lord!
The requirement is that the family be built on the Solid Rock!
2 Samuel 22:32 (NASB), "For who is God, besides the LORD? And who is a rock, besides our God?”
1. _____________________ Baggage
“Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.” -1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NIV)
• Past baggage won’t last if left in the past!
• Have you dealt with your past baggage?
2. _____________________ Baggage
“Don’t be afraid to correct your young ones; a spanking won’t kill them. A good spanking, in fact, might save them from something worse than death.” -Proverbs 23:13-14 (MSG)
“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” -Proverbs 22:6 (NASB)
3. _____________________ Baggage
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,” -Ephesians 5:25 (NASB)
“But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.” -Ephesians 5:24 (NASB)
4. _____________________ Baggage
• The only thing God desires we carry is the Cross. Denying our will for His.
“Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.” -Matthew 16:24 (NASB)
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!” -Psalms 133:1 (NASB)
• If the body is to be in unity all the baggage needs checked in, unpacked, sorted thru and laid bare at the feet of Jesus. Jesus' sacrifice covers it all.
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Pastor Todd & Marnie Walden