Gifts of Solitude(as learned from Proverbs 2):
1. A prior Identity, “my son” (2:1) He is a beloved son, already loved.
2. A prior Give-ness,“receive and treasure" (2:1) Good things precede him.
3. A prior Attentiveness, “ear and heart” (2:2) His voice is second, not first.
4. A prior Prayerfulness, asking (vs. 3), seeking (vs. 4), finding (vs. 5)
5. A prior Waiting, (6-8) The Lord gives, stores up, shields, guards, watches over, delivers. Anything the son lacks is met in God.
6. A prior Filling, (vs. 10), “Wisdom will come into your heart” from God.
7. A prior Conviction, (9) "then you will understand." We learn to understand, that relating with God in community, comes by this means of solitude, and not by other means.