1. Can you think of an example where you feel God answered a prayer of yours? Did he answer your prayer immediately or did it take awhile?
2. Why do you think God sometimes doesn’t answer our prayers right away? Why might God say “no” to some of our prayers?
3. Read Luke 11:5-13. How is God not like the man who was initially unwilling to respond to his friend’s request?
4. Why do you think God wants us to persevere in prayer? Why doesn’t he always answer our prayers immediately?
5. What do you think Jesus means when he says we should keep seeking and keep knocking? How are seeking and knocking different than just asking?
6. Can you think of some examples where God may want us to do something in addition to just praying about something?
7. Why is perseverance helpful in every aspect of life? Can you think of an area in which God wants you to persevere?
8. How might you apply tonight’s lesson to your life?: