Turn Down The Noise
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Share 1 of your Favorites for each the following Sources of Info & Entertainment.
a. A Favorite Radio Station is ___________.
b. A Favorite TV Channel or Show is ___________.
c. A Favorite Blog, Podcast, YouTube or Spotify (Music) Channel is ___________.
2. Do you agree with this statement? “The Voice you listen to the most will determine the direction of your life.” How has this been true in your life – both negatively & positively?
3. Sunday’s message listed a few reasons why we need to hear God’s voice in our lives.
a. So God can function as your Lord & King.
b. So God can function as your Father.
c. So God can be your Life.
*Why are these reasons important for us to know God better?
*Which one do you need to develop more in your life?
*Which one do you struggle with the most and why?
4. READ John 15:15; James 2:23; Exodus 33:11a.
a. What do these verses teach us about what kind of relationship God wants to have with us?
b. Have you ever thought of yourself as a Friend of God?
c. Why/How is this profound – considering WHO GOD IS, and who we are?
5. Take 10mins quietly on your own to read & respond to one of the above three verses using the SOAP devotional journaling approach. (use your journals – phones – piece of paper)
Discuss as a group. *What did you hear JESUS say to you?