The Christmas Option Series - Part 6
Primary texts: Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 2:13-23, John 1:9-14
Focus: We enter our last Sunday looking at real life in the Christmas story. Our characters have struggled with Expectations, Confusion, and even Disappointment with God. Life rarely looks like we thought it would. Yet Jesus also struggled with the same kinds of things that we face and so can relate to our situation. Can you trust Him to help you through the struggles? He is with us.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Why were many of the people around Jesus initially disappointed with the way he conducted his ministry?
3. If the people of Jesus’s day were surprised at the way he lived his life, odds are we will be surprised at some point, too. Which of Jesus’s commands strike you as hard to believe or trust?
4. Have any of you gone through a time of pain, grief, or disappointment? How did God’s Word help you get through?
5. How can knowing that Jesus walked in our shoes help us to trust him during times of difficulty or temptation?
6. How can we encourage each other to respond to what God has for us?