1) What comes to mind when you think about the afterlife? Things you’ve heard, seen or any ideas.
2) This week we focused on the phrase “What we think about the afterlife will determine who we live today and in this new year.” How do you think our view of the after life effects our daily lives?
3) Read John 14:6. How does Jesus say we get to the afterlife? How does that go again the idea of just trying to be good enough?
4) Read Colossians 3:1-2. What do you think it means to set you mind on things above?
5) Read Col. 3:5-9. Note that this is a list of a mind set on earthly things. How do those things shift our focus on God? How do those things focus on temporary things?
6) Read Colossians 3:12-14. Who do we set on mind on things above?
7) Take time to read through all of Colossians 3 and the begin of Colossians 4. This is give you more insight and some examples on how to set our mind on things above.