(1) When you picture the afterlife, what do you picture?
(2) What do you think about Near Death Experiences?
(3) If you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was an afterlife would it cause you to live differently now? How?
(4) Read Hebrews 9:27, John 11:25-26 and Matthew 10:28. What do these verses tell us about life and death and the afterlife?
(5) Read 2 Corinthians 5:1-8. Paul writes about the challenge and difficulty of life and looking towards the afterlife. What are your thoughts about what he says? Why does he have confidence? How does this passage give hope to you?
(6) Read 2 Corinthians 5:9. The verse starts out with "So" - in other words, because of vs. 1-8 . . . what do you think Paul is trying to communicate?
(7) The minute we're born we start dying, but the minute we die we can really start living. What you believe about the afterlife should affect how you live now. What steps can you take to begin living well in light of the afterlife?