Jehovah Tsidkenu - The Lord our Righteousness
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Did you ever want to run away from home as a child? Did you ever attempt it?
2. In Mike’s message he walked through the story of Jeremiah who was called by GOD to confront His people and to call them back to right living. They had strayed off and GOD goes as far as to ask, "What fault could your ancestors have possibly found in me that they strayed so far from me?” Has there been a time in your life where you were angry with GOD or resentful of Him? What effect did it have (or is it still having) on your relationship with Him?
3. This week Mike referred to the name of God found in Jeremiah 23:5
“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (NKJV) Jehovah Tsidkenu —
What is this passage talking about?
Why do we need a Lord of Righteousness? (consider the following passages)
2 Cor 5:17 So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away—look, what is new has come!
2 Cor 5:21 God made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God.
1 Cor 1:30 He is the reason you have a relationship with Christ Jesus, who became for us… righteousness…
4. How do we move from a place of distance and anger, to a place where we are "living right" with our GOD?
5. Take a moment to be quiet and ask the Holy Spirit to show you one thing that “Jehovah Tsidkenu" wants to make new in you.