C. Our Takeaway:
1. We just finished a Series about our Hope and Future. This is Phase 1 of the fulfillment of God’s promise.
2. Zechariah and Elizabeth represent all who are waiting on God patiently – maybe even struggling with whether God will ever fulfill his promise to us.
3. It is at these moments that God often comes and draws us out to embrace His plans.
4. You are never too young or old.
5. God does look at faithfulness with favor. That means do not give up doing the good you know is right. God is watching and what you do in secret, he will reward openly.
6. They receive a baby. God does not give us all babies, but he does fill us with His vision and passion. John represents a major thrust forward into the prophetic plan for the whole earth. What a privilege to be a part of it.
7. And so, we too receive our gift! What qualifies us for this gift?
8. Faithfulness in heart and life.
9. Zechariah kept showing up to the Temple to serve. Where does God speak? In His presence. Get to know it, rely upon it. Value it, do not despise it. Sometimes, we are disillusioned with the Church because we forget what it is all about – God’s people coming together to worship God, get equipped, encourage one another and GO.
Zechariah and Elizabeth live in some obscurity. To God, these are the ones He loves to use to bring forth His purposes. DO NOT DESPISE THE DAYS OF SMALL BEGINNINGS.