The Christmas Option Series
Primary text: Luke 1, Matthew 1
Focus: Over the next few weeks, we’ll read the entire Christmas story and we are going to examine what each of the major characters in the narrative had to endure. Hopefully, we’ll begin to see ourselves in their stories, as well as see the opportunities within our own disappointments... the hope... even at Christmastime.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. How is the Nativity story often depicted in popular culture? How does this reflect and not reflect reality?
3. Imagine you don’t already know the Nativity story. How would Mary’s situation initially strike you?
4. Are you experiencing any disappoints or hardships this Christmas season?
5. How can you encourage others in your disappointments?