Measure of my Days
What Legacy will you leave?
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What character qualities do you find most attractive in other people?
2. If you only had 30 days to live, what would you say and to whom would you say it? If you have lost a loved one, share something you regret not saying to them while they were alive. What are some important things we need to say to others during our time on earth? Why do we put off saying the things that are most important?
3. If an alien were to observe your life up close for one month, what conclusions might he come to about your convictions (beliefs)? Would you say you are living primarily for what will truly last or for the things of this world? How Is your life producing good fruit that will be a legacy to those you love? If you could instantly change one thing about how you are living, what would it be?
4. Read Col. 3:5-17
5. What instructions does Paul give about how we are to live? What does he admonish us not to do? What impact does sin have on our legacy to others? What characteristics are we to put on that will positively impact others?
6. Use the ‘Grow Your Character’ handout and ask the Lord to show you any areas where you are not currently living as He has called you to live. A) Choose One B) Pray daily C) Tell Someone D) Memorize Scripture E) Keep in step with the Spirit. Surrender these areas to Him and invite the Holy Spirit to live through you.
7. Make a list of people whom you most desire to impact with your life. Beside each name, write out what you want to say by completing the thought: Above all else, here’s what I want you to know. Set a deadline for sharing this with them. You may also want to write a letter to your spouse and/or keep a journal for your kids.