ASK: What is the one thing you are looking forward to most this Thursday, Thanksgiving? (food, family, football, the parade, etc.)
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
What is your least favorite Thanksgiving food?
MEMORY VERSE ACTIVITY
*Hand out Bibles.
*Find it: Have everyone find: Genesis 28:15
*Read it: Have everyone read together: Genesis 28:15
LET'S GET USED TO USING OUR BIBLES
*Make sure everyone has a Bible.
*Find the Table of Contents together.
*Find the two divisions - The Old Testament and the New Testament.
*Find Genesis 11
*Find John 3:16
*Find Philippians 4:13
*Try saying the 66 Books of the Bible. Let the kids use the Table of Contents if they need help.
SMALL GROUP GAME/ACTIVITY:
THE QUITE GAME
SAY: In today's story, Joshua and his people made a lot of noise...let's see if we can do the exact opposite. Let's see who can stay quiet the longest...
(Try to get the kids to make noise or talk, by asking them questions, making funny faces, acting silly or acting shocked.)
SMALL GROUP STUDY OF THE STORY:
OPEN YOUR BIBLE TO JOSHUA 3
READ: FROM THE "JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE":
"The Warrior Leader"
*Ask for a volunteer to retell today's story in 3 minutes or less.**
TRUE OR FALSE
*Give everyone a "Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down" paddle and have them answer the below questions with either the "Thumbs Up" for True or the "Thumbs Down" for False.
1. Today's story of Joshua is found in the book of Exodus.
(False - Joshua)
2. Joshua & Caleb were two of the spies who were "bad".
(False - 10 were bad, 2 were good)
3. When Joshua and his army arrived at Jerusalem they found the city surrounded by a great big wall.
(False - Jericho)
4. Joshua and his army trusted in God to help them win the battle.
5. Joshua, the priests and the army marched around the city one time one day one, two times on day two, three times on day three, etc.
(False - one time around the city on days one - six)
6. On the seventh day, Joshua marched around the city of Jericho seven times.
7. As they marched around the city the seventh time on the seventh day they shouted and blew their horns.
8. The walls of Jericho did not move at this display from Joshua.
(False - the walls fell down)
9. God protected Joshua and his army.
10. God will protect me too.
PRAYER REQUEST & PRAISE:
Please type out your prayer request & praises on the "memo" app.
HAVE YOU TAKEN EVERYONE'S PICTURES?
Thank you so much for the exciting story of Moses, the burning bush, the plagues and the crossing of the Red Sea. This story reminds us how awesome You are and how if we trust You, You will protect us.
**IF TIME ALLOWS:
*Review the Books of the Bible
*Ask if there are any birthdays for the week in your room.