1. Hypocrite is a strong word in our culture, but we are all hypocrites to some degree. We all won’t the world to think that we are better people than we truly are. In what was do you try and hide your brokenness and display your righteousness to the world?
2. Whose approval do you most crave?
3. Imagine your private devotional practice (the things you do to connect with God on your own) and your public prayer and worship balancing on a scale. What weighs the most? Why?
4. What would it look like for you personally to go cold turkey on seeking approval from others for how “righteous” you are?
5. How can you build secret acts of righteousness into your own life?
6. Pray for each other that we would be given grace to live for God’s approval alone.