Steps to living confidently in Jesus:
● Having Jesus in a way that compels us to confidently give Him away to others arises out of experiencing Jesus personally and corporately.
● Experiencing Jesus is a result of confident dependence on Jesus. This is an active dependence rather than passive or intellectual.
● Confident dependence on Jesus is active obedience to Jesus.
● We practice being obedient to Jesus’ teaching. We can know we are trusting Jesus when we do life according to His teaching.
● Jesus said it simply: If you love you will keep My commandments. John 14:15 Trust is an implicit and central part of loving Jesus.
● A good starting place is an area of your life that is painful or unsatisfying. Take time to discover what the teaching of Jesus has to say about it. Then identify ways you can be obedient to Him in this situation.
● It is most often a good idea to allow others in on this process. Trusted friends or mentors will often help you gain clarity and give great encouragement as you align your life with the teaching of Jesus.