- Spiritual gifts are special abilities given to God’s people to accomplish God’s will.
- When we are uninformed about our gifts, our gifts go unused.
4 Things Spiritual Gifts are NOT:
- Spiritual Gifts are not natural talents.
- Spiritual Gifts are not given to the spiritually elite.
- Spiritual Gifts are not signs of spiritual maturity.
- Spiritual Gifts are not the fruit of the spirit.
4 Ways to Discover Your Spiritual Gifts:
- Study what the Bible says about Spiritual Gifts.
- Examine what you enjoy.
- Step with the Spirit.
- Spiritual Gifts test.
Link to Spiritual Gifts Test below.
1. What is your initial reaction to the words “spiritual gifts?” Is it positive or negative? Why do you think you respond that way?
2. Why is it important for Christians to be informed about their spiritual gifts? What would happen if all Christians had a clear understanding of the gifts the Holy Spirit had selected for them?
3. Why is it crucial for Christians to recognize that spiritual gifts are given to all Christians and not just the most mature Christians?
4. How can you be intentional to discover and better understand your gift? Have you ever shared your spiritual gift with anyone in the church? Why or why not?
5. What is preventing you from using your spiritual gift to build up the body of Christ? What would happen if you fully embraced the gift you have been given?